Amazing rearrangement(s) and various renditions of "The Victors" and "You suck", the University of Michigan Fight Songs

Ever since I attend my first football game in the Big House, I fall in love with "The Victors", the University of Michigan fight song(I am probably biased because I am a Michigan wolverine).

Here is one done by the University of Michigan Marching Band.




An indoor version that fills the renown Hill Auditorium with energy!


I dug on Youtube and found some crazy good renditions of "The Victors" and "You suck". I believe the rearrangement is done by a wolverine named A.J.Homes (@ajholmesmusic) when he was a "freshman", who currently starred on Broadway in The Book of Mormon. (Yes, to my knowledge, he made this rearrangement when he was in his freshman year. He is so talented!)

Here are the lyrics:

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
The champions of the West!

And here they are! Enjoy~


This is my favorite version. I would say it is the most "original" one among these.




This is the most simple, clear, and "respectful" version.






This is a live on graduation ceremony version.





This is a live version performed by the musical theatre seniors at their 2015 graduation party.




Here is an impressive Jazz version of 'The Victor' by freshman (at the time) Stone Zhang and Brad Gurwin.



And yes, I am a musical theater fan.

Go Blue!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2008.07.25 Sun Moon Lake 日月潭遊記

2009.03.04 那麼,許個願吧!

2009.08.17 結束、開始