The Last Step of Fulfilling a Small and Silly Dream: Memphis The New Musical

Last summer, I saw a video for “Memphis The New Musical” on Youtube. I checked out the original cast album from MLibrary and fell in love with every single track. At the time, I did not see myself going to New York City to see any musical, so I was aiming at the national tour, which would visit Michigan State University at March 2012.

At the same time, I was jump-starting the process of PhD application, which included GRE exam, TOFEL exam, and writing application statements, so I wrote a short and probably silly headline at the top of my ToDo List:

“Get the highest GRE scores, Write the best SOP, and Go seeing Memphis!!!”


Even though I did not get the highest GRE scores and write the best application statements, I did go through those processes in the last few months. Today, I am so grateful that I have friends who also enjoy musicals and are willing to give me a one-hour ride to see the show together. Seeing the show in live is really stunning, not to mention that several renditions by the cast are totally breathtaking!


Thanks to Wilson, Amy, Chun-Hua, and Ying-Yu for being with me in the last step of fulfilling this small and silly dream!

Never let anyone steal your rock and roll~

Goodnight and HOCKADOO!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2008.07.25 Sun Moon Lake 日月潭遊記

2009.03.04 那麼,許個願吧!

2009.08.17 結束、開始